Declarations made under Article 5(2)(b) and (c) and Article 8(7)(a) of the Madrid Protocol: Antigua and Barbuda
1. On January 9, 2017, the Director General of the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) received from the Government of Antigua and Barbuda the declaration referred to in Article 5(2)(b) and (c) of the Madrid Protocol, whereby the time limit of one year to notify a provisional refusal of protection is replaced by 18 months, and a provisional refusal resulting from an opposition may be notified after the expiry of the 18-month time limit.
2. This declaration will enter into force on April 9, 2017.
3. Furthermore, on the same date, the Government of Antigua and Barbuda made the declaration referred to in Article 8(7)(a) of the Madrid Protocol, whereby it wishes to receive an individual fee where Antigua and Barbuda is designated in an international application, in a designation subsequent to an international registration and in respect of the renewal of an international registration where Antigua and Barbuda has been designated (instead of a share in the revenue produced by the supplementary and complementary fees).
4. In accordance with Rule 35(2)(b) of the Common Regulations under the Madrid Agreement and Protocol, the Director General of WIPO has, after consultation with the Office of Antigua and Barbuda, established the following amounts, in Swiss francs, of the said individual fee:
Amounts (in Swiss francs)
|Application or Subsequent Designation||– independent of the number of classes||247|
|Renewal||– independent of the number of classes||114
5. Furthermore, this declaration will enter into force on April 9, 2017. Therefore, these amounts will be payable where Antigua and Barbuda
(a) is designated in an international application which is received by the Office of origin on or after that date; or
(b) is the subject of a subsequent designation which is received by the Office of the Contracting Party of the holder on or after that date, or is filed directly with the International Bureau of WIPO on or after that date; or
(c) has been designated in an international registration which is renewed on or after that date.